Monday, April 18, 2016

Its Raining, Its Pouring








Hola Todos!
What a week! It rained a ton and we have been a little wet. The bad thing about rain is that no one comes to church and sometimes people dont answer their doors because it is rainy. The good thing about rain is that sometimes people feel bad for you as you are knocking doors and let you in. Hahaha! We look like Teletubbies in our rain ponchos. I actually love the rain. 


Dita (daughter of Patricio) has been reading the Book of Mormon and feels like she has recieved an answer from Heaven but has fears of being baptized if she is just going to fall afterward. We are trying to help her with that. We also taught Cristobal a 15 year old that doesnt live with his family and his mom past away a few years ago. He reads every thing that we leave him and seems interested. We found a new investigator, Kata, a 14 knocking doors in the rain. She accepted a baptismal date for the 15 of May. WOOT! Miracles are real, yáll. Alejandro is still smoking and it is hard for him to stop. We will probably have to drop him .That is the hard part about missionary work. 

I have discovered something this week. It is not enough just to plan if we do not DO. Sometimes we sit around and plan and plan and plan but if we would jsut get on our feet and DO stuff then things actually get done. Sometimes instead of arguing about the problem we just need to be the one to fix it. Being a doer and not just a planner is an eternal perspective. 
 My two favorite Chilean foods combined. Empenadas and pastel de chocolo. This is Hermana Carreño. She reminds me of Grandma Larsen. She made this beautiful creation.

Haha. Also, I taught Hermana Camargo to say ¨Stinkin¨ instead of ¨Freaking¨because I said it sounded nicer. (She only knows a few English words). At one moment as we were knocking doors in the rain and no one would let us in she turned to me and said ¨Stinkin persons¨. I laughed super hard. I love her!

The church is so true. I know it! I am so grateful for this chance to serve. I love it more and more each day.

All my amor!

Hermana Leah Kelson

leah.kjeldsen@myldsmail.net

Hermana Leah Kelson
4 Norte 1112 Casilla 631 
Viña del Mar, Chile

No comments:

Post a Comment