Monday, April 4, 2016

Conference is Spiritual Feast





Hola Todos!

 



Aileen is a member that has been helping us lately. She is great! We love her!

IN between sessions Saturday we bought Chorrillana. Its is like Animal style fries from Inn and Out but on steriods. It is fries with lots of meet, fried onions, spices, and fried eggs. The three of us ate the whole thing. :)

What a wonderful conference weekend. This week was really really hard. I feel like I failed a little bit as a missionary at moments this week. I have been angry and frustrated more than once. But conference both humbled and comforted me. 

I loved every conference talk from President Eyring to Elder Holland. I cried through it all. I had the chance to watch it in English. My companion was upstairs on splits watching it in Spanish. We both rejoiced for the new temple in Lima Peru, where my companion is from. I testify that these are the Lords servants and that when we listen, understand, and APPLY their consejo we will be blessed more than we can imagine. I urge you all to make GOALS from what you learned at conference. It is not enough just to take notes and think ¨Well that was nice.¨What is the good if we do not apply it? I, myself, have much to apply. I was slapped in the face a few times and have a new resolve to honor the sacrament and my baptismal and temple covenants.


This week the word of wisdom and the law of chastity have been what have been holding back our investigators. That has been really hard. I testify that the commandments are real and that there is power when we decide to keep the commandments. When we decide to stop doing something against the commandments it will be very hard. There is no doubt about it. But it is possible with Him. 

People tell me my Spanish is getting better. :) Thats good. I am still very far from perfect but I am better. :) I feel like that is the theme of my mission. I am very far from perfect but I am getting better. I have never had my weaknesses so exposed. I have never wanted so badly to improve. I have never been so grateful. I have never had a love for someone that I just barely met like I have here on the mission. The mission is incredible. Incredibly hard but incredible.


Last pday we, had a picnic with the other hermanas in our zone with permission from the Presidente. SO GREAT.

Thank you all for your experiences and hope and emails. I love it all. You have lifted me more than you know.

You know you are a missionary when even your shampoo talks about the resoration.

Amor! Olay!

Hermana Leah Kelson

leah.kjeldsen@myldsmail.net

Hermana Leah Kelson
4 Norte 1112 Casilla 631 
Viña del Mar, Chile

No comments:

Post a Comment