Monday, August 8, 2016

Leave the 90 and 9

Hola Todos!

What a week! First of all, I got my last rabies shot. I wont be trying to chase my tail now. Jaja. Just kidding. Also, that moment when your neighbor is playing all the pop songs that your high school Spanish teacher had you learn. Thank you Miss K! Oh! And the lice is under control now. Jaja. 

I have a new companion! Due to an emergency transfer I am now with Hermana Ovalle! She is AMAMAZING! She is Chileana too. Her mission is actually in Washington DC north but is waiting for her visa. She leaves at the end of August. She is funny and a hard worker and we have seen miracles together! What a blessing she is in my life!

This week I learned that sometimes we must leave the 90 and 9 and go after the 1. That is what the Savior did. Sometimes you dont get to all your visiting teaching lessons because you listen to one of your sisters cry and help comfort her. Sometimes you dont go to the ward activity because your child needs some one on one time with you. Sometimes you dont end up listening to the talks in sacrament meeting because you talk with the less active member in the foyer who doesnt want to enter the chapel. The gospel is about LOVE. And love is selfless and timeless. 

This week we invited Javier to be baptized and he said yes! He has made some changes in his life this week and is really motivated! We had a noche de hogar ( FHE) with one of our favorite families: Familia Sandoval. He really liked it and so did we. 

We also taught Laura. She has a tough life. A mom of 2 and 25 years old. She really wants to change too and has been trying to quite using drugs. We taught the Word of Wisdom and she has a baptizmal date for the 28 th of August. WOOT!

I have been reading in Alma this week. I love Alma and the advice he gives to his sons. The part I love most is his conversion story. Alma was the son of a prophet. But quite rebellious. He became truly converted when he experienced repentance. We become truly converted when we learn how to repent, be humble, and serve others. 

I love you all dearly! Thank you for your encouragement, prayers, and hope. They have helped me more than you will ever know.
Olay!

Hermana Leah Kelson

leah.kjeldsen@myldsmail.net

Hermana Leah Kelson
4 Norte 1112 Casilla 631 
Viña del Mar, Chile


No comments:

Post a Comment