Monday, April 10, 2017

Good Intentions






Hola Todos!

I am grateful for a Heavenly Father who loves me enough to help me change. Goodness. I have learned so much this week. He takes us out of our comfort zones and makes us become more like him.

Meet this little dragonfly we found!


This week we found a new famliy to teach. The mom is named Maria and her daughter is Franchesca. Maria is the hardest worker I have ever met. She has 4 daughters that she provides for, is single, and didnt even finish elementary school. She has such a positive attitude aobut life. Even though she cant read very well she has been trying to read the Book of Mormon. We taught about temples with their family (a new tatic we are trying to invite people to be baptized which is AMAZING!) and we inviting them to be bapitized. The Spirit was SO strong and they said yes if they feel it is right. Straight up milagros!!

This week our toilet got clogged and went WACKO! I wont go into details but lets just say it was GROSS! We had to buy a powder that I am pretty sure wouldnt be legal in the US without a license because it has a chemical reaction and explodes. You ahve to use a mask and gloves to use it. Which I didnt have so we improvised. Pictures included. :)

This week we used the bikes a lot. It has been a while since I have been on a bike and my tushy is feelin it but it has been really fun too. I got a break from the bikes when we did exchanges and I got to know even more wonderful hermanas! It was Hermana Hill´s (she is in the picture with me) birthday this week so we decided to make her brownies. Our only pan was a circular one so they cooked really weird and looked a little burned on top. We decided to put powered sugar on top but only had normal sugar. We put it in the blender and put it on top without trying them because we just trusted that it would be alright. Turns out the ¨powdered sugar¨ was actually salt. Talk about nasty! I was thinking about how many times I do that in my spiritual life as well. Sometimes I have really good intentions and do the work at hand but not the way that is asked. Thus the results are less than desirable. We see this in scripture study, saying our prayers, visiting teaching, schooling, etc. . . We do the task at hand but without the necessary ingrediants. For example reading our scriptures but just opening to whichever palce and reading 3 verses and calling it our scripture study. It doesnt work like that. LIfe is SO much sweeter when we follow ALL the directions that God gives us. Luckily, He still sees our good intentions and blesses us still. He is so merciful. 

Also conference was the bomb and I have lots of things to improve. 

I love you all dearly!
All my love,
Hermana Kelson 1

WRITE LEAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment