Monday, February 22, 2016

4 Months!



 Hola Todos!

This week has flown! It is so fun to see all the mission calls from people at home! CONGRATS YALL! You are entering the coolest work of your life. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Our Last district pic. Elder Passey (sitting) goes home this week to Utah.

This week we had a Noche de Hogar with the Bishops family and played ´Quien Soy¨. Like where you put a person from the scriptures on someone´s forehead and they have to guess. Super fun. Also, the ovens are different here in Chile and I totes burned a pan of brownies. I also made mac and cheese on the stove with a frying pan. Yeah, this is how missionaries do it. .)

Please appreciate this typical Chilean meal that we had this week: Chilean version of tamales (se llama Omitas, like a tamale without the meat), fried eggs, pork chops, french fries, rice, ¨salad¨( which is tomato and onion), and cantalope and watermelon for dessert. Yes, I love Chile.

Our English class is attracting lots of people and it is SUPER fun. I stinking wanna be an English teacher. 

This week we knocked a TON of doors. No bites. We contacted a lot. No bites. Liz is changing stuff in her house so it is hard to teach her. Nico is really willing but may have some mental health issues because he doesnt make sense half the time. Conny is good but has some fears for baptism. I never thought I would cry so much about other people. But I do. You learn as a missionary that you really want to be worthy not for yourself but for these people you are teaching. It is incredible.
Hermana Mckendrick and I sang in church this Sunday. We sang ¨Soy un Hijo de Dios¨ with harmony of course, acapella. It went well. :) I miss singing so so so much.
 
 My comp and I tried Honeydew melon with Sprite. SO GOOD! The melons are all the rage right now in Chile.

One thing that completely changed me as a missionary this week was the talk ¨Becoming Perfect Through Christ¨ by Elder Gerrit Wong. I suggest that EVERYONE read this talk. It is incredible. It helped me realize that we often have a skewed view of perfection. The truth is that perfection is a process not fully reached on this earth. Patience is required. 

I hit 4 months yesterday! Wow. Crazy. 

Thank you all for you kind words and love! I can feel your prayers and love daily. MUCHO AMOR A TODOS!

Hermana Leah Kelson
leah.kjeldsen@myldsmail.net

Hermana Leah Kelson
4 Norte 1112 Casilla 631 
Viña del Mar, Chile

No comments:

Post a Comment