Monday, February 1, 2016

Miracles and Rabies Shots




Hola Todos!

Well, this was literally one of the craziest weeks of my life and I feel very much like a real missionary. Haha.

Utah meets the beautiful sunrise of Valpo. Please appreciate my photography here :)

First of all, we´ve had a miracle! We contacted a woman named Liz the other day. She has 4 daughters and is about 45 years old. We taught her the first vision and about the Book of Mormon. She was super receptive and we found out that her grandmother had been a member of the church before she passed away. She asked lots of inspired questions and we literally felt so so happy. We know that we were led to her. She, sadly, went on vacation, but we have our second lesson with her tomorrow and we hope she has read and prayed about the things we taught. WOOT!

Also. Maria is reading the Book of Mormon like a maniac! Holy! And she totally understands it. The problem now is having her pray about it. We have high hopes.

Also, Conny, an antigua investigadora who is simply waiting for divorce papers said they are going to sign the paper next week and thinks that she will be able to get baptized in MARCH! AAAAHHH!!!

So this week we were going to have our very first ward activity since I have been here. The missionaries put it all together. It was a talent show. We were super super excited and Maria and her family were all planning to come and Conny was going to come and bring her family and we were all just super psyched. It was Saturday. But in a crazy turn of events, thank you Satan, my companion and I couldnt go and thus our investigators couldnt either. 

So the morning of the activity we went to visit a less active member. Before we even got in the door their dog bit me! #officiallyarealchilean. Haha. We immediately left and called the Zone Leaders. This family is very poor and we know the dog probably doesnt have its shots so we went to a hospital to get rabies shots! WOOT! The first hospital wouldnt give them to me so we went to another hospital all the way in Viña just to get the shots. I have to go back 8 more times between now and August. Joy. :) Haha. But on the bright side, I can get bit by like 7 more dogs and not even have to worry. :) I am so so so extremely grateful for Familia Zapata. They are members that drove us to all of these hospitals and helped us with all the medical stuff. We called them and they willing dropped everything from the afternoon to help us. Wow. Anywho, I am good and we are instructed to take breaks because the bite is in my ankle and we walk a lot but all is well! Just exciting stories. :) Also, My companion drew on the gauze on my dog bite :)

I testify that the Book of Mormon is real and can comfort us in ANY situacion. I testify that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God and that he truly did translate that book by the power of God. I know it. I testify that God watches out for all of His children and hears their cries in moments of panic. I testify that miracles come. They honestly do.

Check out the sweet tan line from my shoes! How beautiful upon the mountains are those that preach repentance.

I love you all dearly! Keep being amazing!
Hermana Leah Kelson
leah.kjeldsen@myldsmail.net

Hermana Leah Kelson
4 Norte 1112 Casilla 631 
Viña del Mar, Chile

No comments:

Post a Comment