Monday, March 21, 2016

5 months, Baptism, and Miracles

Hola Todos!

Wow! It has been an incredible week. Last week was really hard and now I know why. He was preparing me for some really great miracles. I can always tell right before miracles happen because it gets really hard or Satan gets really bad. Other example of this: Joseph Smith and the first vision. Yes people, hard times actually mean that miracles are coming.

This week I got to be a part of a baptism. An 8 year old boy in our ward was baptized. His parents are married in the temple and all that jazz and have been members for forever but they asked us to come and teach him the lessons so we have been teaching him for like 3 months. (started with Hermana Mckendrick) His name is Bruno. He got baptized this week on his 8th birthday. So special. I cried. He is kinda like my first baptism. It was so sweet and incredible. He gave the closing prayer in sacrament meeting yesterday and the ward was dying of cuteness.

This Sunday was the first Sunday that investigators asisted the iglesia in my misison. Yes, gettting people to come to church is probably the hardest thing on the planet. And it wasnt even one of our investigators that we thought would come. Valentina and Alejandro are old investigators that hadnt been progessing so we left them. But this week my comp and I visited them and invited them to church and they came! It was glorious. The ward was really great with them too! Alejandro is 17 and Valentina is his mom of about 45 years. Please pray for them. They want to come next week.

Our other investigators are good but just need to COME TO CHURCH! Haha. It is wonderful. Time really flies here in the mission when you are working like crazy. I have officially been out for 5 months. Loco. I am seeing that I have changed a lot. For the best.

The church came out with a new easter video! I encourage you all to watch it! (https://www.mormon.org/easter). I have seen it a few times now in Spanish and it gives me chills every time. I testify that Jesus Christ lives. He lives to comfort me and you. He lives to support us and lead us through the hard times. I testify that He will be there to lift you up when you feel like you will never stand again. He will dry your tears and give you the strength to move on. He has done it with me So many times on my mission. 

I love you all! The church is so true! JESUS CHRIST LIVES! Go spread the news! Aleluia!

Hermana Leah Kelson

leah.kjeldsen@myldsmail.net

Hermana Leah Kelson
4 Norte 1112 Casilla 631 
Viña del Mar, Chile

No comments:

Post a Comment