Monday, March 14, 2016

Week of CONFERENCES

Hola Todos!

Wow! What a week! It has been wonderful, hard, and fun. We put a baptismal date with Liz! She told us she knew she had to get baptized and wants her daughters to get baptized too. She even broke up with her boyfriend so the law of chastity is no longer an issue! We also found some good new investigators. We have been hiking hills like crazy and are SUPER tired. My poor companion. But we have seen miracles. 

This week we watched a area missionary conference from Elder Bednar. HOLY PALTA! What an amazing amazing conference! He didnt speak. He asked the missionaries what the spirit was telling them and expounded on that. He also had the missionaries ask questions. Now I wasnt actually with Elder Bednar. It was a broadcast for all of South America. So no, I didnt shake his hand or anything but it was really really powerful. He is a master teacher. I loved that he explained that the SPIRIT is the teacher and that we must grow in a process. He told us not to take notes on what he said but on what we felt. My favorite part was Sister Bednar. Someone asked how we can be humble and keep relying on the lord for our whole mission. Sister Bednar explained many times in her life when she said Ï just dont think I can do this¨. (pregant with baby 3, when Elder Bednar was called into the stake presidency, when Elder Bendar was called as pres of byui, and when Elder Bednar was called as an apostle). She said that every time that happened she would fall to the floor and cry but that through CHrist she could do it. She says she regrets saying it the final time because she had seen the way he had strengthened her in the past and knew he would do it again. I have falled to the floor many many times and cried in the mission. It is really hard. But you know what? He strengthens me daily.

My sweet companion is an angel. My Spanish is improving rapidly. I love her. I feel bad that she got stuck with me as a trainer because I am learning more from her than she is learning from me but she is wonderful and we cry together daily. One thing we kept saying this week was ¨Why didnt anyone tell me a mission is like this?¨She has a sister that served a mission in Bolivia and she was frustrated at frist because her sister never explained how hard a mission is. But I explained that no one truly can. A mission is hard but it is also wonderful. Truly wonderful.

We also had Stake conference this Sunday. The hard part was that our investigators didnt show so our baptismal dates fell. That was really really heartbreaking and my eyes have never been so dry from crying. But the coolest part was hearing the talks in Spanish. This conference was for all of Chile! (A broadcast) It was awesome!! Mary Duham of the general primary, Dean M Davies of the bishopbric, Ulisses Soares of the 70, and Presidente Russell M. Nelson all spoke. The only talk that was translated was that of Mary Duham. The others all spoke in SPANISH! It was so cool! I made me realize that I need to keep up my SPanish skills. :)

I have learned this week that our challenges are very specific to us. He knows us perfectly and personally and thus our challenges will help us grow in the way that He needs us to grow. Sometimes you are so exhausted that you dont think you can keep going but He will lift us up to help us do His will. I know that He is there every step of the way and sees every tear that we shed even when no one else does. 

I love you all. I love this gospel. I love my Savior. More than words will every express.

Olay!
Hermana Leah Kelson

leah.kjeldsen@myldsmail.net

Hermana Leah Kelson
4 Norte 1112 Casilla 631 
Viña del Mar, Chile



No comments:

Post a Comment